Monday, June 25, 2007

ten minutes less

So, Saturday here in Anchorage I participated in my second 1/2 marathon. I had to run 13 miles anyway for my training schedule for August's marathon so I figured "why not do a race?" My friend Kristine (whose group just successfully summitted Denali last Tuesday) ran with me. Yes, that's right. She just climbed a 20,320 foot mountain complete with a 24 hour hike toward the bottom where they had to dodge dangerous crevasse fields and which got them back into town on Thursday AND STILL she had the energy and motivation to run in the 1/2 with me. I don't think this girl is human. Anyway, running together was great! Literally the miles flew by. I finished in 2 hours and 3 minutes; about 10 minutes faster than the 1/2 marathon I ran 6 weeks ago. So I've been asking myself "don't two 1/2 marathons count as running one full marathon?" Mathematically it works. But I'm not sure that would really count.

2 comments:

Omar said...

Sure it counts... you just tooka BIG break at the mid-way point.

r o b said...

thanks omar!!