Saturday, June 16, 2007

random looks good on me

ya know, i gotta say, it ceases to amaze me how flippin' random my life can be sometimes. if you'd told me this morning when i woke up that i was going to spend the night at a non-profit fundraiser i would have said, "okay." but if you'd told me that the "fund raiser" seemed more like a "we need to scrape some rent money together so let's throw together two kegs of beer and a band where the drummer doesn't wear a shirt and writes all over himself with black marker and the keyboard player is 9 months pregnant and call it a fund raiser" i would still say "sure, whatev". but if you told me this would all take place on the roof of a building while hanging out with a Ukranian, a dairy farmer from vermont, and some guy named travis from portland (oh, did i mention there was a real coyote hanging out on the roof with us?), i think i would have thought you were on drugs. turns out, you're not on drugs. and if you don't even know me, you're probably thinking right about now that i'm on drugs.

4 comments:

Brianne said...

Love it. Please tell me you have pictures. ...because we do of naked bike riders all painted and a marijuana float to boot. don't worry I totally hula-hooped in the parade. Love you.

Omar said...

pictures man... for the love tell me you have pictures!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that made my day. Not that you asked, but I can totally see this in my head and I think it's hysterical.

Anonymous said...

Sounds about right, Rob. Actually, I'm surprised it took you this long to get mixed up in a situation like that.
-Scott