Thursday, June 28, 2007

Smug and proud

so, yesterday one of my former coworkers from the railroad job came into the art gallery to say hi. she also told me that everyone was quitting. joe, vicky, and a bunch of others that I trained with and worked with have had it with Holland America and are all throwing in the towel. They are sick of working themselves to the bone, never knowing when their next day off will be, and Holland America's general disorganization. Her direct quote was, "At the time we all thought you were crazy for quitting, but now we all realize what a wise decision you made." Ah, music to my ears!! See, everyone out there thinks I'm a big slacker when in fact I'm just pretty damn smart. Speaking of which, I'm kinda looking for a new job...

3 comments:

Eddie said...

Yes, sweet sweet vindication. I'm glad you aren't waisting your summer away.

Now about this new job...please work somewhere cool where Bri and I can get discounts.

-E

Katie Kermeen Swisher said...

WHAT????!!!!??!!?! A new job? Yikes Rob...you're making me feel restless!

Omar said...

What was it I heard in a movie once? Something about how funny it is that crazy and genius are often used to mean the same thing.