Friday, September 7, 2007

Its time for me to fly

As many of you know, I was planning to go to Africa this Fall to do some volunteer work. Recently some folks have asked how my plans for that trip were shaping up. Well, actually I've postponed the trip for a while; for financial reasons (since my job at the art gallery paid much, much less than my original job on the railroad would have paid). But also because I don't feel like the timing is right. So the plan is: 3 weeks from tomorrow my brother and I will pack up our meager belongings in my truck and we'll drive from Anchorage, AK to Philadelphia, PA via California and then Buffalo, NY. That's only a 7000 mile road trip. I'll be living with my sister outside of Philly for a while; working and saving money (and running the Philly marathon in November). And figuring out what will be the next step. The second time I dropped out of college I lived outside Philly, so I'm looking forward to being there again AND living with my sis. So we'll see what tomfoolery unfolds.

6 comments:

Katie Kermeen Swisher said...

Hey! When do you think you'll be in Lexington? We have been trying to find a time to get down there to see friends, and would love to see you too if we can!

Omar said...

i notice that there is no Fayetteville, AR on that road trip... b****

r o b said...

katie: i told janelle i'd be there mid-october-ish. that's the best i can plan at this point. not very helpful, i know.

omar: OMG! how could we forget fayetteville, arkansas!!! what idiots we are. i'll see what i can do. (that's my way of trying to both passify you and blow you off)

Ryan Barnett said...

Texas, our Texas all hail the mighty state. Boldest and grandest . . . come on, everybody sing along!

Omar said...

Texans, oh Texans... thy are one of a kind.
Texans, oh Texans... legands in their own mind.

Anonymous said...

Texas= Killer Bees, hot weather, and cowboy boots, y'all. Philly= Free room and board, Cheesesteaks galore, Haunted Jail, South Street, and sweet adventures on Poo River. Sorry, Ry, but what choice is there?