Monday, August 27, 2007

How come I don't have a job where I need a shotgun?

Right now my brother is working up on the North slope (that's Alaskan terminology for way, way up north on the coast of the Arctic Ocean). He has to take a helicopter to the job site each day. They got fogged in two days ago and were told by radio to camp overnight out on the tundra. With visibility of only 200 feet they used a GPS unit to guide them four miles to a truck. Armed with a shotgun to ward off grizzly and polar bears, they made it back to the truck safely, even after crossing raging thigh deep glacial run off. Man, Scott gets to have all the fun. All I did this weekend was go hiking. Lame!

2 comments:

Fitz said...

I'll bet you wish your life in Alaska was as adventurous as mine is in Missouri, huh?

r o b said...

yes fitz. yes i do.