Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Quotable quotes for $200

I love a good quote. Here's a few I came across while reading "Ultra-marathon Man: Confessions of an all night runner" by Dean Karnazes (which is a great read, by the way)...

"That which does not kill you makes you stronger." -Friedrich Nietzsche

"What counts in battle is what you do when the pain sets in." -John Short

"When you're going through hell, keep going." -Winston Churchill

"You only live once, but if you work it right, once is enough." -Joe Louis

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: 'WOW! What a ride!'" -Unknown

10 comments:

Jackson said...

"Where the hell did I put my keys?" -Julie Robertson

r o b said...

good one jackson. julie could also apply the "that which does not kill me" quote to her constant falling down. geez, in that case she should be pretty strong by now.

Julie said...

That's crappy...bashing me on someone else's blog. You two should be ashamed of yourselves. And to think that I came on here today to share a couple of quotes with you. You should be so lucky! Jerks.

Julie said...

P.S. I never said the dirty word when looking for my keys. I'm much to pure at heart!!

r o b said...

pure at heart. ri-i-i-ight.

Omar said...

Julie is at our appartment right now, and we're reading these. She's not happy. I think they're awesome.

And by the way... you should have seen the way she litterally fell off the curb and into the drainage ditch in our appartment parking lot while she was helping us unload our truck. I'm not kidding. I was backing up the truck, looking in the rear view mirror, and one second she's there, and the next she's gone.

Julie said...

You're jerks...all of you! Where is the love?!

Ryan Barnett said...

"I just don't think taking these pictures while wearing their clothes is a good idea"

The LeRoys said...

Roberto,
Here's a quote for you...
'The anchor holds.' Thanks for the comment the other day. It was great to hear from you. Looks like life is pretty good. Try not to get mauled by a bear or anything. Much love.
Matt

r o b said...

matt, great to hear from you.

ryan, that is an excellent quote from our shared past. and i fully accept the blame for what followed!! but for the record, that dress complimented your eyes nicely. ha ha!!