Monday, July 30, 2007

Highs and Lows

Yesterday Scott and I hiked 18 miles in the Chugach State Park. Woo hoo! And we both got stung by bees. Boo! I'm seriously allergic, never carry an Epipen, and didn't have a life-threatening reaction. Woo hoo! But we got our butts kicked by the trail and didn't summit the mountain we were trying to get to. Boo! Today I ran 20 miles to train for my marathon August 19. Woo hoo! And tonight I dropped my cell phone in the toilet. Boo! (That makes 3 phones in less than 1 year) I've got phone insurance. Woo hoo!

p.s. - if we've talked on the phone in the last 6 months, please send me your phone number!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey cuz~ This is probably the mom is me coming out, but... WHERE IS YOUR EPIPEN?! I'm so glad you didn't have a bad reaction! (For sure a woohoo!) Just reading that made me nervous!! Anyway.... 20 miles is very impressive!! Keep up your good work! Hello to Scott!

Abbey Brown said...

Hey Rob, Think you could email me? Im having training issues and need the opinion of a person who is actually following a training schedule. Im about 8 weeks away and hitting a wall of anxiety and exhaustion. Books are just making me second guess everything I've been doing. What is the date of your marathon?
Thanks
Abbey Love