Monday, November 17, 2008

Stumbling through Spain



As a last hurrah before the off season ended, I had the opportunity to go to Spain for ten days with one of my buddies from seminary, Ryan. We took no guidebooks. We made no plans beforehand. We rolled dice to make our decisions: odd meant we drove north, even meant we drove south. Odd we stay at this hotel. Even we press on to see what's around the next bend. And for the most part it worked out great! We rented a car and basically did one big loop around the country: Madrid to Sevilla to Gibraltar to Barcelona back to Madrid. We toured old cathedrals and bull fighting museums, sat outside in sidewalk cafes drinking coffee, saw a flamenco dance, explored caves and tunnels on Gibraltar as well as posed with wild monkeys for photo opps, and came within an inch of our lives while trying to navigate city traffic (which is a cross between bumper cars and Tetris). But most of all it was just a great time to hang out with my buddy Ryan and talk and laugh and see the sights.

I also had the opportunity to see some friends in Denver and attend church with them. Flatirons Community Church was amazing. Such a breath of fresh air since being here in Jackson Hole doesn't really afford one with many dynamic church opportunities!

So now I'm back here at home and working again. Ho hum! But one of the resorts near my house opens on Sunday and guess who's got the day off and a free lift ticket. Let the winter season of free snowboarding commence!!!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Oh, look...the two people who are the source of many of my most embarrassing moments together again! Just kidding...sort of.

Y'all are so cool for going on adventure like this. I am not that brave. Sounds like it was fun...let's see more pictures!

r o b said...

Hey Juju, go to my flickr account (link listed at the top of my blog homepage) to see more Spain pics!